Friday, June 22, 2018

PETE FOUNTAIN (1965-2018)



Stoughton's Class of 1983 lost a good friend and all around good guy this week in the passing of our dear friend Peter Fountain. I think I can say in all honesty there was not one person who didn't love Pete and the person he was. He always had a kind, uplifting word for everyone he met. His sense of humor was legendary, I know he always made me laugh. His love for sports was something I shared in common with him. He was quick to make other people feel good- he quickly commented on my 1000th game last summer with his famous "Fountainism" - strong work. He loved music too- another shared interest. He loved to make quirky videos spotlighting his sense of humor- whether it be celebrating a Patriots touchdown, a Bruins goal, or anything he felt like doing at the time.

I often thought I would like to get together with Pete over a beer and just talk and laugh. We always have the best intentions, and I know I did, but now that opportunity is gone and my heart aches. I grieve for his son Dan and his family. Pete will forever live in our hearts and I know I'll take a part of him wherever I go. Pete, if you only knew how much we loved you- how much joy you brought into our lives..... Our hearts are heavy. We'll be thinking of you- every time we go to the Town Spa or the Halfway Cafe.... we'll think of you when the Pats find the end zone this fall.

We always appreciated the wit and wisdom from our "old pal Pete." You kind of became a folk legend with your humor whether you realized it or not and whether you wanted it or not.

Rest easy, my friend.

Do you have any thoughts or memories of Pete you'd like to share? Don't be shy, leave them in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment